Simple Ayurvedic Lifestyle Tips for Mind/Body Balance
Try these simple Ayurvedic lifestyle tips to strengthen mind/body balance.
- Upon waking, wash your face with cool water and use a stainless steel tongue scraper to remove toxin buildup.
- Drink a glass of warm water with lemon.
- Instead of reaching for the phone and checking social media, practice a simple yoga routine first: 5 minutes of meditation and breath-work (pranayama) and 10 minutes of asana (poses) or stretching.
- Enjoy Ayurvedic Protein as a smoothie or use it to make protein pancakes for breakfast.
- Set an intention before you eat such as, “I am grateful for this food, and let it provide me with the nourishment my body needs.”
- Take time to yourself throughout the day: set a reminder on your phone to stop and breathe.
- Try and cook fresh organic food as much as you can. Eat foods and prepare them according to your dosha type.
- Before bed, enjoy an evening meditation, pranayama, and/or simple stretches.
- Say a gratitude statement, such as “I am grateful for another beautiful day of life.”
- Perform a self-massage, (or “Abyanga”) with the correct oil for your dosha type.
- For a restful sleep, enjoy a warm cup of Ayurvedic Protein™ as a substitute for “golden milk” before bed.